Friday, July 15, 2011

The Lord Gives and The Lord Takes Away

Well, we didn't end up getting the farm house that I previously blogged about. We went and had the inspection and all things considered it went pretty well. However, there were some major issues. When I heard words like : black mold, asbestos, illegal plumbing, knob and tube wiring, and many more, I just couldn't do it. So, we're back to square one.... which we are ok with because.....

We're pregnant!!! We found out and couldn't be happier. We started trying in mid June, thinking it would take at least a few months to get pregnant, but, first time is the charm! I was lucky to find out early, at the four week mark when our baby or, "Sprout" as we affectionately call it, was just the size of a grain of rice.

We couldn't be happier. I am now 5 weeks along, my due date is March 15th, 2 days after my Mom's birthday, and 2 days before Mitch's birthday. I figure it'll come much later than that anyway, since most people say your first is always late. I found the following template on a friend's blog... check her out: The Rookie Wife. So, I stole it and will use it to track the fun of the next few months too.

How far along?: 5 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss:
 So far, nothing... I'm a steady 155lbs.
How big is baby:
 The size of an appleseed now.  (S)He doubles in size every week! 
Maternity clothes?:
 I don't need them yet... but I'm excited to go shopping for some :) I have had a lot of pregnancy bloat though, that has made my pants a little tighter than usual. 
Stretch Marks:
 Not yet, and I'm trying my best not to get them.... lots of creaming up my belly.

Sleep:
 This is all I want to do ALL the time!!!!!! I'm exhausted. I've been taking naps every day after work. As for night time... I'm still doing ok... I do have to get up to pee more than usual though which is annoying since it takes me a little while to fall back to sleep after I do get up.

Best moment this week: Sharing the exciting news with family and close friends! It's so neat to watch their reactions.
Movement: Nope, just lots of gas haha.
Food cravings: None really. I've been trying my best to eat as healthy as possible so I'm glad I haven't had any cravings yet.
Food aversions: I have aversions to some things, mainly because of the  smells.... I was making homemade pizza the other night, and the smell of the spaghetti sauce nearly made me throw up. And at work yesterday the smell of the hallway outside of the staff room did quite a number on me too. Oh, and yummy Timothy's coffee... a guy at work made some the other day and I had to get up and close my door and open my window because I got so nauseous.

Gender: 
I have no idea yet. I want a girl, Mitch wants a boy, but we'll both be happy with whatever we end up with as long as he/she is healthy.

Labor signs: 
No, thankfully it's too soon for that!
Belly Button in or out? Innie
What I miss: I do miss a cold beer on a hot summer's day *sigh*

What I am looking forward to: Everything! Going to my first appointment at the OB/GYN, hearing the heartbeat for the first time, first ultrasound, finding out if it's a boy or girl, shopping for baby and me.... and of course bringing baby home for the first time.

Weekly wisdom: I've learned to rest when you feel tired... you are much easier to live with if you do.

Milestones: Our little sprout is making mommy sore... light period-like cramping, bloating, headaches, stabbing pain of ligaments stretching. But I know these are all good signs :)


So, Mitch and I are thrilled. But, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away.... I got a call last night from Dad saying that my great uncle, Red, passed away early yesterday evening from a heart attack. I know that he had a great life, and that he's been "living on borrowed time" for the last 25 years or so (he had a massive heart attack before, and he had a quadruple bipass, and has only had 23% usage of his heart since then), but it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking. Mom told Aunt Audey about our little Sprout last night, so that she could have a "reason" for Uncle Red's death. It's nice that there is some happy news to balance out the sad. So, Mitch and I are going to celebrate the happy news on a camping trip with the Martins, and then head to Miramichi to mourn the loss of a life on Sunday and Monday. 

Thank you Lord for your many blessings, and watch over us all through the trials and tribulations of life. Let us know that we are yours, and every day is a gift from you.

~L 

No comments: