Friday, April 1, 2011

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover - Nourishing Traditions


A lady from church recommended that I read this book. I asked if I could borrow hers, but she said it was so good that if she let me borrow hers she'd never get it back. Looking at the cover of the book, I really doubted it would be that good. Well, I'm barely 50 pages in and it has completely changed the way that I look at food.

Mitch and I have been trying to do what we call, the "Kings Landing Diet", for the past few years where basically we try to each as much homemade food as possible... not only for the health benefits but for the financial savings.  But we'd still eat junk food, and treat our selves every now and then. 



Reading Nourishing Traditions, has rejuvinated this "Kings Landing Diet" and taken it to a whole other level. It's full of easily understood, reasons as to why it's important to eat this way. It explains why packaged and processed foods or so bad for you in a way that I really take to... it's full of stats, and scientific studies, and is written by doctors. It's a very credible book and I want to share it with everyone! I completely understand just why my friend from church wouldn't lend me hers.

I'm really excited to try out some of the 755 recipes that are included in the book. Check out my "What's Cooking Section" over the next few days to see what scrumptious things I decide to make. I have been looking at a variety of blogs focused on and inspired from this incredible book, and it's great to know that being "weird" is ok and that there's more than just a few of us out there that see the benefits of old-fashioned cooking.

This book proves that we really shouldn't judge a book by its cover!

No comments: