Thursday, April 28, 2011

Music for a Rainy Spring Day

I am on lunch break at work right now. It's pouring rain, and although it's warm outside (16 degrees), I don't feel like going anywhere. I'm cozy in my little office, listening to some rainy day music.

Craig Cardiff -->
                                                                       Photo by Kathy Roussel
I love when you serendipidously find an artist. I stumbled upon Craig Cardiff by happy accident over a year ago now. His folk-style lyrics and lulling guitar make me long to be cuddled in a warm pub somewhere, listening to him play, as the rain falls outside.  I really can't pick a favourite song by him; they're all too good.

Kate Rusby -->

She brings out my Irish/Scottish roots when listening to her lilting music. Again, I found her by happy accident. I usually listen to her while I'm baking. It's perfect for all weather but especially for a rainy day.

 JJ Heller -->

I know that JJ Heller has been gaining in popularity now, especially since "Your Hands" was featured on So You Think You Can Dance. But, I have to say, I love finding artists on my own, before they hit it big, and are played on the radio. I first found JJ Heller on YouTube back in September 2009. I feel like I want to be her when I grow up :) I love her music-- the powerful, meaningful lyrics, and her folk-y sound. And more importantly I love the reason for her music. It's Christian music that stirs your soul and makes you want to give your life to Him. I follow her blog, and love her decorating style, and craftiness. You can follow her too -- I've linked her blog "Lovely Little Things" in my Inspiration sidebar.

Anyway, those are my rainy day music suggestions. Enjoy!

No comments: